SIGMA has simply introduced the SIGMA 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Art lens, the world’s first 14mm f/1.4 lens designed particularly for astrophotography. This extremely wide-angle prime lens is appropriate with mirrorless digicam techniques, obtainable in Sony E-mount and Leica L-Mount.
The lens is supplied with numerous options tailor-made for astrophotography, together with a detachable tripod socket, MFL swap for handbook focus lock, lens heater retainer, rear filter holder, and a specially-designed entrance cap with a brand new locking mechanism and filter storage slots. It presents glorious aberration correction and delivers distinctive picture high quality, making it probably the perfect lens for astrophotography. Its 14mm focal size and F1.4 aperture seize huge starry skies and reduces publicity time. The lens can also be sturdy with a splash and dust-resistant development, sustaining the excessive efficiency and high quality requirements of the SIGMA F1.4 Artwork lens lineup.
Past astrophotography, this 14mm f/1.4 lens can also be appropriate for high-end structure, actual property and panorama pictures, because of its excellent optical efficiency and specialised options.
SIGMA 14mm F1.4 DG DN
New imaginative and prescient. Increasing prospects
- Extremely wide-angle 14mm with a most aperture of F1.4 and excellent optical efficiency
- Plentiful features and equipment to help starscape pictures
- Signature Artwork line options and excessive construct high quality
Equipped equipment: Case, COVER LENS CAP LC1014-01, REAR CAP LCR II, TRIPOD SOCKET TS-141, PROTECTIVE COVER PT-41, GUIDE PLATE GP-11
Accessible mounts: L-Mount, Sony E-mount
The world’s first and solely* lens that mixes an ultrawide angle of 14mm with a most aperture of F1.4.
Introducing the world’s first and solely lens that mixes an ultrawide angle of 14mm with a most aperture of F1.4, designed particularly for beautiful starscape pictures. Capturing the fantastic thing about the starry sky is a difficult activity for wide-angle lenses, given the multitude of tiny mild sources scattered all through the picture. The 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Artwork lens is the results of our engineers’ ardour for reaching the widest, brightest, highest-resolution, and most charming starscape photos conceivable. Leveraging SIGMA’s cutting-edge expertise, this lens presents an ultrawide 14mm angle of view paired with a powerful F1.4 aperture. It boasts excessive optical efficiency with thorough correction of sagittal coma flare, specialised features to boost starry panorama pictures, and quick autofocus powered by the HLA linear motor.
With the 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Artwork lens, you’ll be able to flip the Milky Means stretching throughout the evening sky and twinkling stars above ridgelines into breathtaking photos that surpass the expertise. Its distinctive efficiency in capturing starscapes opens up new prospects for visible expression and delight throughout numerous scenes, together with daytime landscapes, structure, and indoor pictures in darkish and confined areas.
* Excluding fisheye lenses, as interchangeable lenses for mirrorless cameras and SLR cameras (as of June, 2023 by SIGMA).
Extremely wide-angle 14mm with a most aperture of F1.4 and excellent optical efficiency
Making use of the perfect of SIGMA’s optical applied sciences made this world-first efficiency attainable, from the design to the lens manufacturing course of. As well as, 19 parts in 15 teams, together with 1 SLD glass ingredient, 3 FLD glass parts, and 4 aspherical lens parts, make up an opulent lens configuration. This enables for superior aberration correction and a excessive diploma of precision within the lens development. This enables each superior aberration correction and F1.4 brightness. Specifically, sagittal coma flare, which distorts the form of stars, has been rigorously corrected. Even on the widest aperture, the lens delivers excessive picture reproducibility proper to the periphery of the picture.
Each optical design and coatings additionally completely deal with ghosting and flare. This enables for clear, crisp capturing of starry sky and evening scenes. Optimized for starscapes, which require extraordinarily excessive efficiency, this lens delivers photos that exceed expectations in any scene, together with landscapes, structure snapshots, portraits, and indoor pictures.
Plentiful features and equipment to help starscape pictures
The 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Artwork is supplied with a wealth of options that help starscape pictures. This totally backs up the enjoyable of starscape pictures.
Features a removable tripod mount appropriate with Arca-Swiss kind. Mounting the 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Artwork lens on a tripod makes it extra secure, as it’s heavier on the entrance facet. The form is designed to forestall interference even when utilizing the lens heater.
- MFL (Guide Focus Lock) Swap
A swap to lock the handbook focus at a desired place. Prevents focus shift brought on by unintentional operation of the main focus ring. That is helpful for fastened focus capturing eventualities, reminiscent of lengthy publicity pictures.
Steps across the entrance and lens heater retainers forestall the lens heater* from protruding into the entrance of the lens and inflicting vignetting on the periphery of the display.
* A belt-shaped heater wrapped across the lens prevents condensation from forming contained in the lens when the temperature drops.
A rear filter holder is offered as commonplace gear on the lens mount for attaching a sheet-type rear filter. A lock mechanism can also be offered to forestall the filter from falling out.
- Particular entrance cap with locking mechanism and filter slots
Features a cover-type entrance cap with locking mechanism. It additionally has a newly developed filter slot that may maintain two rear filters relying on the appliance. The cap is specifically designed for the 14mm F1.4 DG DN | Artwork to guard the sheet filters from scratches and dust whereas guaranteeing that they aren’t mistakenly taken out or forgotten.
Signature Artwork line options and excessive construct high quality
Along with features particularly designed for capturing starscapes, the lens is supplied with numerous features to help in capturing, together with an AFL button to which any operate may be assigned and an aperture ring. The physique is mud and splash resistant. The frontmost floor of the lens has a water- and stain-repellent coating, so you’ll be able to shoot outside in harsh environments with peace of thoughts. The HLA (Excessive-response Linear Actuator) allows high-speed, quiet, and extremely correct autofocusing.
To be able to keep efficiency whereas supporting a lens with a big aperture, the lens has a sturdy inner construction and makes use of light-weight supplies reminiscent of polycarbonate TSC (Thermally Secure Composite), which has a thermal shrinkage price equal to that of aluminum, and magnesium in applicable areas to cut back weight whereas guaranteeing robustness. The lens physique is constructed with the excessive construct high quality of the Artwork line specs, permitting the consumer to completely benefit from the distinctive efficiency of the lens in any surroundings, together with capturing starscapes.
- Lens development: 19 parts in 15 teams (3 FLD, 1 SLD, and 4 aspherical parts)
- Internal focus system
- Appropriate with high-speed autofocus
- HLA (Excessive-response Linear Actuator)
- Appropriate with Lens Aberration Correction
- Operate obtainable on supported cameras solely. Accessible corrections and auto correction performance might differ relying on the digicam mannequin.
- On cameras the place lens aberration correction is managed with ‘ON’ or ‘OFF’ within the digicam menu, please set all aberration correction features to ‘ON’ (AUTO).
- Helps DMF and AF+MF
- Appropriate with AF help (Sony E-mount solely)
- Tremendous Multi-Layer Coating
- Water and Oil Repellent Coating (entrance ingredient)
- Aperture ring
- Aperture ring click on swap
- Aperture ring lock swap
- AFL button
- MFL swap
- Rear Filter Holder (appropriate with GUIDE PLATE GP-11)
- Lens Heater Retainer
- Focus Mode Swap
- Help for switching between linear and nonlinear focus ring settings (for L-Mount solely)
- Mud and Splash Resistant Construction
- TRIPOD SOCKET TS-141 equipped
- Particular entrance cap with locking mechanism and filter slot: COVER LENS CAP LC1014-01 (NEW)
- Appropriate with SIGMA USB DOCK UD-11 (offered individually / for L-Mount solely)
- Designed to reduce flare and ghosting
- Each single lens undergoes SIGMA’s proprietary MTF measuring system
- 11-blade rounded diaphragm
- Excessive-precision, sturdy brass bayonet mount
- “Made in Japan” craftsmanship
The figures under are for the L-Mount model:
Lens Development: 19 parts in 15 teams (3 FLD, 1 SLD, 4 aspherical)
Angle of view: 114.2°
Variety of diaphragm blades: 11 (rounded diaphragm)
Minimal aperture: F16
Minimal focusing distance: 30cm / 11.9 in.
Most magnification ratio: 1:11.9
Filter measurement: Rear filter solely
Dimensions (Max. Diam. x Size): 101.4 x 149.9mm / 4.0 x 5.9 in.
Weight: 1170g / 41.3 oz.
For extra data, go to Sigma.