1. Place your self comfortably, sitting or mendacity down.
2. Place your proper hand in your stomach and your left hand in your chest.
3. Breathe in deeply via your nostril, focusing your breath into your stomach. You’ll really feel your proper hand transfer up together with your stomach – your left hand ought to keep nonetheless.
4. Breathe out via your mouth, releasing the breath out of your stomach.
5. Repeat this ten occasions. Breathe deeply and slowly, focusing your thoughts in your breath and ignoring any distractions round you.
6. Discover how relaxed you’re feeling!
You’ll discover that studying leisure methods will enable you to throughout all facets of your life, maintaining you grounded, current and in management.
Do a radical warm-up
A standard mistake younger dancers make is assuming that dance auditions will embrace a warm-up. Keep in mind, each audition is completely different! In a single audition you might solely do workouts on the barre, while in one other you might transfer straight into jumps and turns. Subsequently, it’s important to be totally heat and able to deal with any choreography thrown at you. Not solely will warming up enable you to do a unbelievable audition, however it’ll additionally stop accidents and put together you mentally. Embody each dynamic and static parts in your heat up, equivalent to mild jogging and mild stretching. Should you’re a musical theatre performer, be sure that to do a full vocal warm-up as properly.
Study extra about warming up right here: Dance 101 The Significance of Warming Up.
Confidence is essential
When an adjudicator/director is selecting dancers, they aren’t simply searching for technical competence. They’re additionally searching for dancers with the boldness to carry out in entrance of an viewers; dance is a efficiency artwork, in spite of everything! Ask your self: in the event you don’t imagine in your individual expertise, why ought to anybody else? Should you’re struggling to seek out confidence in your self, pretend it until you make it! Consider an expert dancer who evokes you, and faux to be them for a day. Do they stroll with poise? Sure! Do they give the impression of being comfortable and relaxed? Completely! Are they hiding behind everybody else and staring on the floor? After all not! Regardless of how nervous you might be, show to the adjudicators that you’ve got the boldness to be a dancer.