1) Go on Offense ASAP (Whereas everybody else is slacking)
At first of the 12 months, you’ve the chance to go on offense whereas most artists are procrastinating within the aftermath of the vacations. Whereas they repeat the essential mistake of ready to take motion, you may be off and working – getting a giant head begin.
We see it yearly, savvy artists & musicians enter January with a launch schedule, price range, and promotion plan dialed. In the meantime, their competitors spends January and February shifting at a snail’s tempo.
At Playlist Push, the artists that launch campaigns in January usually see a significant surge in traction as there’s merely much less competitors, whereas listeners are ravenous for brand new music to begin their 12 months.
Should you really feel a bit unprepared, it’s all good, simply get shifting now. And should you will not have new music for some time, bear in mind the advantages of selling a earlier launch.
2) Plan out Your Yr and Set Your Targets
Break up the 12 months up into quarters. Q1-Q4. Set your quarterly targets, hold them practical however difficult, and push your self to stretch this 12 months.
Reply huge guiding questions (examples under):
The place do I would like my music profession to be by finish of 2023?
- Have a full-time supervisor and reserving agent
- Enhance my streaming earnings by 3x
- Launch a brand new merch line
- Launch 15 new songs
How can I be on offense all-year lengthy?
- Launch new music each month
- Execute a advertising and marketing plan for every launch
- Prioritize time and headspace for writing/recording
- Leverage instruments & software program to automate and streamline
- Leverage my crew, delegate (or construct a crew)
Along with creating an overview of your 12 months with a recording schedule and launch schedule, now could be the time to set timelines for profession targets like getting a supervisor and reserving agent.
The hot button is to chunk all the pieces down into smaller items and timelines which might be actionable.
Aim and Motion Plan Instance
Aim: Signal with an skilled Artist Supervisor or Administration Staff by finish of March 2023.
- Analysis potential managers/firms and compile a listing of candidates
- Ask different artists and business connects for suggestions, contacts, and introductions
- Put together 1-sheet and electronic mail outreach template with accomplishments, stats, and hyperlinks
- Execute outreach – full-court press (emails, calls, textual content, dm’s)
- Schedule as many related telephone calls and in-person conferences as potential
- Decide prime candidates
- Do deep dive analysis of prime candidates
- Have interaction in 2nd and third spherical talks to completely vet prime candidates
- Decide particulars of the settlement, authorized assessment of the settlement
- Launch a full-time or trial settlement
3) Streamline Your Social Media
Social media can simply eat an excessive amount of of your time and power as an artist and take you away out of your craft. It’s far too straightforward to let it turn out to be a black gap that finally ends up hurting your profession.
However let’s be actual, you want it, and when used nicely – and effectively it might probably have a big impact.
The hot button is to make your life straightforward and get days or perhaps weeks forward of your posts. That is the way you keep away from social media stress and burnout.
You need to keep away from losing a ton of time fascinated about social posts on the fly and utilizing your psychological bandwidth on developing with one thing new every time.
Tip #1: Decide your repeatable codecs and construct a schedule:
- Share music snippets on IG posts/tales, TikTok within the weeks main as much as a launch
- Make movies of you within the studio – share the method
- Construct a set of high-quality pictures of you or your band by working with a photographer, then create a social media launch schedule of posts with quotes out of your lyrics
- Share posts that your followers tag you in on IG tales
- Share acoustic variations of your songs or covers
Tip #2: Prioritize what works and feels genuine:
In an ideal world, you would be crushing it on each social platform, however and not using a crew in place to handle this, it’s going to be exhausting to tug off with out burning out.
Should you’re managing your individual social media, give attention to the channels the place you get probably the most engagement and the place really feel just like the medium matches your strengths. Doing what feels good, natural, and genuine goes to yield the very best return.
There’s numerous strain for artists to be energetic on TikTok, and for good motive, however should you’ve tried it or determined it’s actually not for you, then skip it. As a substitute, promote your music on TikTok by way of different creators.
4) Spend money on Actual Music Promotion
You possibly can comply with the entire steps above, however you’ll be lacking out on the important thing ingredient to make your 2023 plan take off and not using a promotion plan.
You gotta construct the fireplace with a powerful basis (steps 1-3) however then set it ablaze by pouring the gasoline on (advertising and marketing & promotion).
What are one of the best music promotion methods in 2023?
With out query, the reply continues to be Spotify Playlist Promotion and TikTok Music Promotion. This continues to be the place probably the most profitable artists, managers, and labels are targeted.
Getting your music on high-quality related playlists stays the highest technique for constructing your streaming presence.
In the meantime, TikTok’s influence is rising stronger, persevering with to drive label offers for impartial artists.
What makes Playlist Push Totally different?
We’re probably the most skilled firm in playlist promotion – working with over 20,000 artists since 2017.
In an business the place authenticity and belief are vital we place the very best precedence on working solely with high-quality, natural playlists & creators with actual listeners & followers.
Our tech-forward method lets you run extremely focused campaigns at scale, driving long-term outcomes.
Seeking to Promote your Music?
Use our TikTok Music Promotion and Spotify Playlists Promotion service.